XxVegasVixenxX

Friday, February 23, 2007

Stays Crunchy In Milk

So last year I got obsessed with System of a Down. I still love them but I needed something else to listen to while waiting patiently for the next album. This band has been around for a few years now. I remember hearing their song "Bother" on the radio and thinking it was pretty cool. Kinda slow for my taste but still a good song. When they came out with the next album "Come Whatever May" the first single was "Through Glass." Another slowish song but the guy has a nice voice. Since I played myself out on System and had nothing new to listen to, I thought I'd give these guys a try. I went to Best Buy and picked up the new cd.
OMFG!!!! Where the hell have I been?! This is a hard rockin' kick ass band hiding behind their melodic commercial singles! And when I found out the singer Corey Taylor is also the lead singer for the band Slipknot, I just about crapped my pants! Hello?! SLIPKNOT?! Scary masked freaks screaming out angry lyrics that you can't understand! This is the same guy?! No freakin' way! It took one listen to the whole cd and I was hooked. I'm in love! I'm infatuated! I'm obsessed! Instantly I ran back to the store and bought the first cd that has the song "Bother" on it. I popped it in my player and this is what I heard - Get Inside See what I mean?! Is this my paradise or what?! Their songs go from political to personal mixing actual singing with screaming and lots of headbanging goodness! Seriously, I could eat these guys for breakfast everyday. I have gone so far as to adopt one of my personal favorites "Hell and Consequences" as my new anthem. I posted the lyrics a few entries back. Read it for yourself and tell me if it isn't a kick ass song. I recommend picking up the cd and giving it a listen. If you're into this kind of music I promise you won't be disappointed. AND you can also enjoy Corey at his angriest in the band Slipknot. 1 great man, 2 great bands. I could just cream myself! My only bitch is that Stone Sour is going to be here in April headlining the Jagermeister Tour at the House of Blues and I don't have the extra money to buy tickets. You know, it's that monthly mortgage thing. Let's see... roof over my head...kick ass concert...taking showers...giving myself whiplash from 2 hours of headbanging.... Yeah, you know what I mean.
So alas, my frustration continues. At least the guys at youtube are nice enough to provide me with the means of viewing live videos. All I have to do is fire up my computer, fill my plastic cup with draft beer and raise my fist in the air. Let the headbanging commence!!.....Happy Friday Bloggers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home